- This event has passed.
SMMR Training “Grant Writing for Researchers”
November 16 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
The SMMR-Net are excited to host Dr Kate Smith for this free half day training on Grant Writing for Researchers!
‘Grant Writing’ with Dr Kate Smith covers all you need to know to write successful grant applications speedily and effectively. Offering lots of do’s and don’ts and practical tips and techniques from lived experience, the session includes research councils and other grant-awarding bodies including philanthropic foundations, Fellowship applications, and collaborative applications. Exemplars from the pack are reviewed and discussion about narrative structure, financial narratives and recommendations for outputs and dissemination are set out. Includes Q&A and direct advice on applications.
Dr Smith has had successful applications to Yale for a Fellowship and won a global competitive Fellowship competition to Harvard in 2013.
The Training will cover the following topics:
- Introducing Grant Writing as a key researcher development skill. Developing a Grant Writing strategy.
- Demonstrating the RCUK applications process (J-es etc).
- Setting out non-RCUK grant-awarding bodies.
- International applications including Fellowships.
- What does a winning grant application contain (exemplars)?
- What does an unsuccessful grant application look like (exemplars)?
- The financials (Full economic funding, research assistants, contingencies etc).
- Putting it all together: the narrative, the financials and the proposed outputs.
- Success! Responsibilities of a PI, budget codes, end of grant reports.
- Next steps.
- Q&A and individual advice.
Interested? Places will be limited to 25 participants, first come first serve!