Published: 5th October 2021Back to News
SMMR online launch event – Monday 18th October (0930-1200).
This event will take place via our HopIn event platform and in order to attend you need to sign up here.
- All funded project PIs and their teams plus the Champions,
- The UKRI team, stakeholders and policymakers,
- Interested parties from the wider SMMR-Net.
- To launch the SMMR programme of research through an event that will establish its presence within the wider marine policy and stakeholder landscape;
- To create a forum in which researchers, stakeholders and policy makers can come together to explore the challenges and opportunities of maximising the impact of their research;
- To promote networking and knowledge exchange between projects and between research teams and the wider stakeholder, policymaking and SMMR-Net communities.
- 0930-0945 – Opening presentation from the Champions & Sir Ian Boyd which will set out the broader policy landscape and emphasise the significance and potential contribution and legacy of the SMMR programme (15 mins)
- 0945-1025 – Watch the 6 x 6 Min videos (40mins)
- 1025-1045 – This will be followed by a series of reactions/expansions/further reflections by Defra and Marine Scotland (as co-funders) which explain how they see the work contributing to ongoing policy development. There may also be time to include questions from WG and NI Exec and the wider SMMR-Net members (20 mins)
- 1045-1100 – 15 min comfort break
- 1100-1130 – Engaging with the policy stakeholders and the SMMR-Net community (10 mins) followed by Q&A from the audience (30 mins)
- 1130-1140 – Wrap up from the Champions (10 mins)
- 1140-1200 – Speed networking event – all welcome (20 mins)