- This event has passed.
Policy Engagement for Researchers with Dr Jamie Gallagher
April 27 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
The SMMR-Net are excited to host Jamie Gallagher for FREE this half day training on Policy Engagement for Researchers! 1-4pm Thursday 27th April March 2023 (online on zoom).
Researchers can provide essential information, direction and expertise to policy makers – but making your voice heard can be a challenge. Through this interactive workshop you will explore the legislative process and how you can work to influence both policy and policy makers. Led by engagement consultant Dr Jamie Gallagher you will discover how to engage with the parliamentary processes from contributing to a committee meeting to preparing briefing notes for MPs. The workshop will draw on successful (and unsuccessful) examples helping you to map your own policy engagement journey. The session will also cover impact monitoring and reporting, preparing you to report to funders or write an impact case study.
At the end of the workshop participants will be able to:
- Understand of the legislative process and key intervention points
- Be able to identify key policy engagement stakeholders and how to work with them
- Work with the range of parliamentary services to ensure policy makers have accurate and up to date information
- Plan out their own policy engagement plan
- Devise and deliver your own evaluation plan
There are no limits on places on this course, so by signing up you be guaranteed a place. Please expect the sign up link and details to be sent out a few days before the event.